Mifne BaMidbar: Therapeutic Expeditions
June 20th to July 29th, 2021
Registration is now open for Mifne BaMidbar: Therapeutic Expeditions for programs beginning June, 2021.
Mifne means turning point. Mifne BaMidbar: Therapeutic Expeditions is an immersive, 40-day program for emerging adults (18-28) looking to find direction and chart a new path forward. Mifne BaMidbar supports emerging adults struggling with mental health challenges through an immersive, wilderness-based, therapeutic program.
Our program uses wilderness and adventure-based experiences as a vehicle to promote self-reflection and therapeutic growth, while helping participants build a toolkit to face life’s challenges. BaMidbar’s program is crafted to simultaneously support and challenge students, allowing them to discover who they are, who they want to be, where they want to go, and how they’re going to get there. Licensed mental health professionals provide individual and group therapy, and develop individualized treatment plans for each student.
We help Jewish emerging adults build resilience and overcome obstacles. Our therapeutic expeditions serve emerging adults (ages 18-28) who may or may not have a history of mental health challenges, but who are struggling to find their way. Life challenges may include:
- A “failure to launch”
- Identity exploration
- Negative life patterns
- Mild substance use or abuse
- Academic or employment challenges
“BaMidbar was a wonderful experience that really helped me to regain my happiness and confidence. It taught me tools that are going to help me make a plan for the future.” ~BaMidbar Alumni
- Wilderness as Therapy: Nature and adventure-based experiences are used as vehicle for therapeutic growth, and students are challenged and given the opportunity to apply learning in a safe, experiential environment.
- Clinical Intervention: Students work with a therapist through individual, group, and adventure-based therapy. Licensed mental health professionals provide therapy and trained guides facilitate experiences with an eye toward mental, emotional, and social growth.
- Jewish Lens: At BaMidbar, we meet every student where they are in their unique Jewish journey. Using 3,000 years of Jewish tradition, students explore questions of meaning, values, and purpose.
“All the staff were extremely professional and great communicators. The program was so well-run, thoughtful, and caring. We would highly recommend this to anyone considering a program such as this!” ~BaMidbar Parent