A short eighteen months ago, Ramah in the Rockies made the commitment
to create the nation’s first Jewish wilderness therapy program.
In January 2018, this dream becomes reality as
BaMidbar Wilderness Therapy Program welcomes its first students!
Over the last year, we have:
- Strengthened the impact of the wilderness therapy model by
incorporating Jewish traditions, values, and storytelling.
- Launched fundraising campaigns to winterize our facility, support
program development, and partially fund need-based scholarships.
- Hired 15 staff for our clinical, spiritual, and field teams from over
- Hosted 9 events in 5 states, which reached over 450 people.
In the coming months, we are:
- Hosting an intensive, 3-week staff training in early January.
- Welcoming our first students January 24, 2018.
- Guiding 12-20 students through transformative experiences which will help them build the skills to face life’s challenges.
What you can do:
- Spread the word!
- Join our lay leader and rabbinic training workshop on January 17th.
For more information, email Jory Hanselman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
We need to raise an additional $25,000 to support community education and outreach events, meet our 2018 scholarship goal, and sustain continued program development.